Loris Cencetti Jr. clinches the Cup
The weekend of 17 and 18 June brought Round #4 of the Ladbrokes SRX Cup to the Estering rallycross circuit in Germany – a cross-border road-trip for the Belgian Rallycross Championship. And with it came a victory for Loris Cencetti Junior in his Autodis number 7.
A high-tech circuit that commands respect, muscle-bound confrontations and spectacular slides from its drivers, forcing them to elbow each other out of the way, the Estering track has all the ingredients it needs to guarantee some thrilling spectator sport this weekend as the Ladbrokes SRX cars roared off from the grid.
Loris Cencetti Junior gained pole in the three qualifiers between Saturday and Sunday morning. He managed to keep his lead on his rivals during a long and heart-stopping final in which he thrashed it out with Guillaume de Ridder – another favourite given his outstanding débuts in RX2 – and Jérôme Farinaux, before shooting past the checkered flag with a flourish.
“I like gaining experience over new circuits that I haven’t yet driven on,” says Loris Cencetti Junior. “So I was thrilled to come to Buxtehude and, having watched the WRX videos on YouTube, I already decided I liked the track and the complexity of its surface changes. The races were really exciting all weekend and it was great to see so many fans around the circuit – I’ll make the 600-kilometre homeward-bound journey with a smile on my face! The Ladbrokes SRX Cup has really given me lots of pleasure!”
RESULTS OF THE FINAL – ROUND #4
01. Autodis (Nr7). Pilot : Loris Cencetti Jr.
02. GDRX (Nr.5). Pilot : Guillaume De Ridder
03. Ladbrokes (Nr.8). Pilots : Jérôme Farinaux – Martin Lucas
04. News Agency SP-X / Dealer SsangYong (Nr.3). Pilot : Max Friedhoff
05. Sudpresse (Nr.4). Pilot : Maxime Pasture
06. Het Laatste Nieuws (Nr.9). Pilot : Amaury Lainé
07. Lauwers (Nr.6). Pilot : Marc Lauwers
08. Media Germany (Nr.2). Pilot : Patrick Hein